Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The moments in between my travels.

I wanted to take a moment out of the travel blog to answer a question I am always asked in my life.  That question is: how do I get to travel so much to see all of these places, yet still maintain a normal day to day life.

Answer: I never dreamt of going to these places. I made them part of my future, almost as regular as a doctors appointment for some people. I budgeted for them correctly, actually opening a saving account rather than watching my Starbucks breakfast chip away at my cruise ticket in my checking account.

An entry from my personal thoughts journal….

Why Vision Boards Work - 

There are so many goals I was to accomplish. I can dream them up and imagine all I want to, but in my physical and real life, I’m not making them part of my future. Instead, my mind in encroached with thoughts of tomorrow’s to-do checklist. These goals and visions can all become something like a to do list if you don’t sit down and enjoy them instead. So please don’t forget that building your vacation budget or working out should be fun. After all; your visions should make you happy.

Step 1: Write a list of categories. Mine were: health and fitness, travel, relationships, beauty, positive traits, home and family, desires, spirituality and career. These should be the foundation of your vision board.
Step 2: Try to pick 3 visions or goals (under each subcategory) you see yourself wanting to do or be and enjoy making those changes in the next year. Some people make 5+ year vision boards, but I personally don’t need 5+ years to travel to Paris, run a 5K, and have the perfect skin. I want a shorter deadline because I wasn’t to be living in Manhattan already.
Step 3: Attach all of your magazine clippings, quotes, proverbs, and photos to a piece of board along with you your key words written in marker on your board.


I’m on my second day of the vision board high, and I feel like a lot of my decisions are all focused on the “bigger picture.” Rather than be foolishly entertained by another episode of “How I Met Your Mother,” even though that show gets a clap from me every time a character has a great line, I’ve been doing a much better job of keeping my own time, instead of throwing or giving my time away. It also makes me feel like small decisions shouldn’t be so great of a worry. If I want to plant a seed so a tree can grow, I should choose to shine my own sunshine on it, rather than stand above it and cast a shadow where my tree, which will bear fruit by the time I’m done with it, should grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment